The MOD engages with a number of scientists and academics with specific skills and knowledge who contribute to extremely sensitive projects which are critical to the defence of the nation and the deterrence of hostile threats. These specialists, who use their own varied enterprise IT systems, work outside of the MOD networks but need to communicate, share information and collaborate on projects with other experts across the MOD estate.
To enable MOD and non-MOD employees to be able to collaborate on files, share information and communicate from remote locations, utilising a secure Internet connection using their existing IT. The data needs to be held in an accredited, managed hosting environment sitting within the MOD’s RLI.
- All communication (verbal and electronic) is classified at OFFICIAL-SENSITIVE or above
- Current ICT limitations, working practices and security mandates restrict the ability for remote flexible working between colleagues and external experts in their field
- The pre-existing working practice was to either decamp to MOD sites to share information or by sending written documents via Defence courier which would then be retyped
Documents and shared files need to be accessible by authorised users within a secure hosting environment using their existing User Access Devices from both inside and outside the RLI.
- An end-to-end managed service was required
- The service needed to be scalable to handle the changing needs and elastic to match any change of users and functionality
- Maximise the productivity of remote and various types of users
- Limit the need for couriers and travel
The SecureCloud+ Managed Mobile Information Service (MMIS) enables users on registered devices and users on DII or MODNet access to shared office automation systems in a secure environment within the RLI. Two factor authentication is used to allow access from trusted Internet connected devices.
- Increased productivity of distributed project team members
- Elastic and scalable adapting to the needs of the user and delivering value for money
- Users outside the MOD can access the secure hosted environment from their own registered device at work or at home. The service is accredited at OFFICIAL-SENSITIVE
- Users can create and store documents up to OFFICIAL-SENSITIVE using their own devices
- The administrative overhead of retyping documents is removed
- Improved efficiencies due to reduced travel and planning
The end-to-end secure managed service from SecureCloud+ has provided a communication and collaboration environment for MOD personnel and the community of academics and scientists across several locations to create, store and share content securely, delivering efficiency gains and cost reduction.
SecureCloud+ has a record of delivering innovative secure end-to-end managed services where quality is integral, the service is fit for purpose and represents value for money.
To find out more about this or other projects, please contact us.