Posted in: Case Studies
The MOD has over 3500 project managers within the Project Management Office (PMO) working on numerous and multiple projects for varying lengths of time. Historically, it has been difficult to determine how much project resource has been allocated to specific projects as there has been no central recording of activity and consequently little available management information (MI). The MOD needed a more structured and transparent approach to time recording and the planning and costing of IT projects.
The challenge was to enable accurate time recording and auditable management of projects accessible from the legacy systems (DII) and future systems (MODNet). This information needed to be fed into financial systems to understand true costs and analysed to produce useful management information in the form of dashboards, trend graphs and predictive outputs.
- Budget and in-year funding was limited
- Development and deployment skills were unavailable in-house
- Only alternative was to run the applications on a pre-existing unaccredited legacy platform
- An end-to-end managed service
- Integration with other systems that sat on the RLI was essential
- The systems had to be installed and delivering service in time to align with other planned financial systems
- Alignment of project dependencies and conflicts on resourcing needed to be managed across the project portfolio
The SecureCloud+ Application Hosting Environment Service has enabled new, legacy and bespoke applications to be hosted in an accredited secure collaborative area. This permits users to access, manipulate and analyse data giving management a concise view of time allocated to projects with associated costs. Active Directory trusts enabled users to easily access the system via a single sign on from their day-to-day IT systems.
- Resource allocation against projects improved
- Task assignment is allocated by management priority
- Clearer management oversight of costs versus budget and delivery times
- Early warning indicators of programme slippage
The Application Hosting Environment (AHE) Service provides a fully accredited and managed environment, enabling access to trusted applications from secure government networks. The AHE Service enables users to access applications via legacy and future systems from fixed, deployed or mobile locations using a single sign on.
SecureCloud+ has a record of delivering innovative secure end-to-end managed services where quality is integral, the service is fit for purpose and represents value for money.
To find out more about this or other projects, please contact us.